9.1 9 10
FanFix June 30, 2012 5554
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Foreword: I haven't seen the original in sometime, which I prefer for watching edits and I also didn't review the changes (log) ahead of watching, which I also prefer. I looked at the edit list back when I downloaded the edit, but I like to not know what I'm walking into; I don't watch an edit for a few months or more after downloading it.

What I liked: You kept the feeling of adventure, excitement, and thrill that the original had for me. What was trimmed mostly felt so seamless that I wasn't always sure when you did a cut.

What I didn't: Not much, but it felt a little strange when Kimberly Scott's character "Lisa 'One Night' Standing" was moving out of the way of the crane falling and then later she was on the ship. I watched this with someone else and they even asked me what happened to her, and I had to explain she is fine but it just wasn't show how she was okay until she just appears.

Overall: I would recommend people check this out. With some small refinement this would replace the original for me but for now it sits alongside the original very well.

Extra: Keep up the good work! Also, as an adult watching this rather than a child I was surprised on some of the science pitfalls but let it slide since it is a classic.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments