9.7 8 10
FanFix June 01, 2020 4540
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Freddy Vs. Jason holds a special place in my heart. It was the first 18 rated film I saw in the cinema, and I had such a love for the NOES series that I just had to experience this on the big screen!

I know this film has flaws and it wasn't to every ones tastes, but I enjoyed it for what it was, 90 minutes of switching off my brain and enjoying what was on the screen.

Then I found this fanfix and it peaked my curiosity... And I have to say, I am glad that it did! Gone are the goofy one liners and awful dialogue! The movie flows really well with the added/removed scenes too! The colour grading of the boiler room scenes was actually incredible, it really felt authentic to the original franchises rather than the over saturated scenes in the theatrical cut!

It even had me questioning whether I remembered the movie correctly! I remember seeing Jason's eye at the end when he sinks into the Lake, but I didn't see it in this one... and then I read the changes and realised this had been fixed... it was incredible that this much love had gone into it, and how professional it looked!

This is now going to be my go to version to watch of this movie, it flow, looks incredible, sounds incredible, and really turned one of my guilty pleasures into a movie more representative of its franchises.

If you like Freddy Vs. Jason, then definitely give this a watch. If you didn't like it.. then also definitely give this a watch as it may just change your mind about the film entirely!

10/10

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments