FanFix February 26, 2021 3708
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm one of those "WORSHIP 2001" people.

I saw it when I was 7 years old and now lost count.

Then 2010 came along; it's a decent movie, but I just want to like it more than I do or can. Now I can like it a lot more than I did.

This is a great piece of work and truly brings in that Kubrick sense of isolation, wonder and dread. What it cannot do, is deal with inherent issues, such as some of the awful compositing, so no dedustions on that front.

The switch to classical music, silent space walks (bar the breathing track) and stripped back narrative is perfectly executed. The captions area great (in the correct fonts), and overall a much more Kurick/Clarke ride. Interestingly, the stand out moment for me was the opening and the huge attention to detail in the captioning and perfectly timed fade out which told me, THIS IS SPECIAL.

I may disagree with some of the music pieces chosen, but by enlarge, they are spot on so no deductions there either.

I can't say too much more coz it will spoil the journey, so I'll leave it there only to say, THIS IS MY GO TO VERSION and its going on a disc, in a case next to 2001. 2010 Theatrical will be behind them, out of sight!!!!!

BRAVO!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments