51036904968_314058ea1c_o
FanFix March 13, 2021 2271
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I had to give this one nearly perfect marks - one star docked only because it wasn't 1080p - because it was an absolutely fantastic edit that conveyed the experience of the very short flight - and subsequent rescue - in perfect linear fashion. I adore the original film and would never have thought of a fanedit for it, but when I saw the description of this one, it made perfect sense.

The original event was so quick that in turning it into a film, they couldn't just do a straight beginning-to-end linear tale the way other true story plane disaster films have gone (I'm thinking of Crash Landing: The Rescue of Flight 232, and Miracle Landing, both of which have little in the way of flashbacks or prefacing clips), because it would be too short. As a result, Sully jumps back and forth all over the place, with nightmare alternative possibilities, emotional aftermath, and the NTSB's attempt to blame Sully himself for not landing at a proper airport. This edit undoes all of that and goes back to "well, what if it WERE just like the other films?" It may not be a full film's length, but it really has the emotional impact, and underscores just how much of a miracle the entire thing was, just how amazing a story it continues to be to this day. Major kudos on this project! I'll be showing this to my family for sure.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments