9.9 21 10
Movie-to-TV June 15, 2020 9553
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a bold project to undertake but a really fun one! The Craig era Bond films were the first to have a true sense of continuity, so presenting them as a series works very well!

Of course, with all fan edits there are going to be some trims and cuts that upset people, and as a die-hard fan of of these movies, there were a few lines I was ready to quote along to that were cut out. That said, the editing is pretty seamless! And I recognize that removing certain lines helps with the overall pacing and flow for the episodic format. Each episode ends at just the right moment, really making them feel like stand alone episodes and not awkward chunks of a movie just broken up.

The major highlight in this series for me, though, is the redemption of Quantum of Solace. That movie gets a lot of hate, but I've always loved the opening car chase and the brilliant opera sequence. Trimming and breezing through that movie really benefits the overall story for the series. It also makes the threat of Spectre feel omnipresent with teases in the early on and continued hints throughout.

I watched through this series edit before I saw No Time To Die in theaters, and it was the perfect way to catch up before the grand finale. I haven't yet seen what Dig has done with No Time To Die, but I'm sure it's as great as the previous 11 episodes!

If you're a fan of Bond, or even if you just like a good spy thriller, this series is absolutely worth checking out!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments